Thursday, July 19, 2007

Maneuvering through the complexities of life in Germany

I have lived in the US and Finland before. Now that I am living in Germany, I find that I really could have benefited (and still could) from a kind of guide book to daily needs. Who would know that you need to register in a city when you move? There certainly won't be a nice pamphlet that is handed to you when you enter Germany that lets you know that you need to also register your tv when you buy one.

Most of the people that I have met in Germany who moved here from other countries are very happy here. We just need a tool to help us get through the complexities. Hopefully, this blog will be a good starting point for just that.

1 comment:

Nick said...

I really admire your idea to write about how hard Germany is, because us expats, can have a difficult time here. My Blog has tips on how to manage Germany as a foreigner The Life in Germany